Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Information about us
We ship to worldwide, although due to some restrictions we may not be able to accept orders from specific orders.
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that We have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to availability and acceptance by us, and We will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (the "Dispatch Confirmation"). The contract between us ("Contract") will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- We will not process your order until payment has been received in full.
- If you make a mistake with your order, you may be able to correct any mistakes made by email prior to your order being processed. If your order has already been processed, you will be unable to amend your order.
- The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch We have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
- We are entitled to refuse any order made by you for any reason.
- When making a request you undertake that all details you provide to us requesting goods or services are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to make your request and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods and services. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to these details as soon as possible
Consumer guarantees and rights
Under the Australian Consumer Law, when you buy products and services, they come with automatic guarantees that they will work and do what you asked for. If you buy something that isn't right, you have consumer rights.
If a product or service you buy fails to meet a consumer guarantee, you have the right to ask for a repair, replacement or refund under the Australian Consumer Law. The remedy you're entitled to will depend on whether the issue is major or minor. At Meza Beauty Bar, it is our duty to ensure that all your needs and rights are met.
Prices and payments
- The payable price for the products will be displayed on the website under each product. This does not include delivery charges. Delivery charges are displayed separately when placing an order and will also need to be paid in advance.
- Payment can be made by you by the means specified on the website and shall not be deemed to be made until We have received cleared funds in respect of the full amount stated in the order.
- Prices are subject to change without notice but changes will not affect orders which we have already accepted.
- We will verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that we can ensure that prices are correct when we’re packing orders
- All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
- Only one promotion code can be used per order
- We accept a wide variety of credit cards, PayPal and Stripe.
For further details, please refer to our Refund and Return Policy.
- We shall have no liability to you for any consequential, special or indirect losses including without limit loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings damage to or loss of goodwill, reputation or data.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, our total aggregate liability to you under and/or arising in relation to this contract shall not exceed the amount paid by you for the products.
- Nothing in this contract shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury due to our negligence or any liability which is due to our fraud or any other liability which We are not permitted to exclude or limit as a matter of law.
- Nothing in this contract shall exclude or limit your statutory rights.
Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
- This includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lockouts or other industrial action.
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war.
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster.
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks.
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government